Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Four Years Ago Today...

we got up very, very early in an empty house. The air mattress we were sleeping on wouldn't inflate, so we slept on the floor. The kids were sleeping in pack 'n plays (the twins -- 18 months old at the time) and an inflatable toddler bed (that would be Rylee, who was 3).

All our possessions were packed in an ABF truck sitting out in front of our townhouse or in our van. Well, all except the cookies sheets, pizza stone, and bar pan that had been tucked back in the drawer under my stove, unbeknownst to me, and would be discovered as 'missing' two weeks later.

We made sure the house was completely empty, then woke up the kids and loaded into our van.

We drove away from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I remember Rylee saying "Bye, bye Harrisburg" as we circled the ramp to get on the interstate.

And I cried.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...it was such a special place for you, with 3 kids being born there. I know it was hard to leave and I'm so glad you've found a great community to plug into in TX!

    ReplyDelete