Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sweet Moments

Before I forget these precious times, I wanted to chronicle a few of my favorite things the kids do.

Right now, I love when Jett wakes up happy and is babbling in his crib. I quietly open the door and make my way to the crib. My favorite is when he hasn't yet heard me. I duck down in front of the crib and whisper his name. He gets quiet because he knows he hears something. Then, he flips over and starts looking, peeking over the bumper. I pop up and surprise him and get greeted with squeals of delight.

Another favorite thing he does involves waking up from naps. (Maybe I love them so much because I've had a break and he's well rested....hmm.) I say "give me your paci". He pulls it out of his mouth (or finds in laying in the crib) and hands it to me. If it's not in his mouth, he usually sticks his finger in his mouth inadvertently as he's reaching for it, not knowing it's not there. He knows right where it goes, to wait for the next nap or bedtime.

One of my favorites with Asa right now involve word mix-ups. I {love} the way he calls Dollar Tree, Dollar Treatment and the 99 cent store, 99 percent store. I also appreciate Asa's gift of drawing. It blesses my heart to sit and watch him draw. His face gets very serious and he's incredibly focused. He draws with great detail and has skills very advanced for his age. It's so much fun to see your kids excelling at something and enjoying it.

True to form, Rylee is still singing and dancing everywhere. I enjoy hearing the tunes she makes up. Sometimes they are sweet, often times they are hilarious. She sings about what she sees in the mirror, about loving God, or about what she's learning in school. And, I never, ever want to forget the beauty of hearing her read. Rylee reads very well, with good inflection. She can be found reading outside, sitting in a corner, in her bed, on the potty, while walking, in the car, at the table...she just reads everywhere!

Jenna continues to nurture and cuddle more than any other kiddo. She is a natural born leader. One of my favorite things in this stage of life is watching Jenna play Strawberry Shortcake or Barbies with her dad. She enjoys every minute of it, and I think he likes it too. She also loves her binoculars. She asked for a pair for a loooooong time and finally got a set for Christmas from our PA church family.

My days are full. I don't feel like I'm getting much done in the grand scheme of things. I am never caught up on laundry, seem to throw my grocery list together at the last minute and hunt furiously for coupons so I can save the most money, plan meals only a few days out at a time, have a very dusty house, and generally feel like I'm treading water. I need to get my act together in some respects. However, I'm happy to report that I am taking time to soak in the beauty of this precious family God has given me. I know the days are long, but the years are short.

No comments:

Post a Comment