Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Silence and Friends

I have laryngitis.  Started coming on Thursday afternoon and by Friday it was gone.  I'm squawking if I talk, so I'm whispering.

I usually lose my voice once a year or so.  I'm not sure why but it seems that if I get a cold it will end up costing me my voice.  I'm hoping this is the one time for this winter season.

Teaching was a little rough yesterday with no voice.  But, I'm happy to report that my kids are in such a good routine that we were able to accomplish a lot even with me whispering.  We did our Literacy Centers and Daily Oral Language after we took our Spelling Test and did our regular morning routine.  They finished up a project in Social Studies that they enjoyed, then we switched and I got my co-teacher's homeroom kids.  We had just enough time to do some Literacy Centers before lunch then had to cut the afternoon short due to our all-school assembly to celebrate Red Ribbon Week.

The assembly was a lot of fun.  We also spent the last two weeks doing our fall fundraiser and the assembly kind of tied it all together.  The kids could earn a 12 inch piece of duct tape for every item they sold in the fundraiser.  They then used their duct tape and got to tape up our 2 male teachers (to a wall).  They were chanting "duct tape! duct tape!" as names were called to come get their pieces and tape up the guys.  It was fun.  Then a teacher band lip synced to some songs while all the kids danced.  It was fun!

Today, I get to visit with two of my best Texas girlfriends.  We're long overdue.  And, since I can't talk much, I get to listen and be filled in on all that's going on in their lives.  Can't wait!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment