Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

Thank you for your prayers!

Your prayed for safe travel and we had no accidents or mishaps. We were delayed several times due to weather (and other weird things within India), but never had problems that were too hard to handle. (The weird thing...I'm sure I'll tell you many more interesting things...was that we were delayed from flying in country one day because the airport was repaving the runway! Seriously...a major delay. They were "laying new carpet" as they called it. So, instead of flying out at 9am, as planned, we left at 8pm! Crazy and weird, but "it is no problem" --a saying regularly heard while in India.)

You prayed for my peace about leaving my kids. God gave me complete peace. His peace really does surpass all understanding. I cried some during the first few days, mostly as a release of emotion, I think. It wasn't really thinking about my kids that made me cry. It was the movie I watched on the plane and the book I read on the plane (I had lots of time on the plane). But, once I was crying, I just let it all come out. It was good. Then, I was a cry baby for the first few days, but it wasn't related to my kids. I was just overwhelmed by God's love...for the people I met, for me, for It's depth and bredth.

You prayed for my kids to be okay while we were gone. And, from everything we see...they had a blast and really didn't miss us too much. I mean, they were occupied and busy and well loved by every person they came in contact with while we were gone! They were well fed, well played with, well loved, well entertained... It is well! And, their reaction upon our return...they were looking at the candy machine by the door we came through and I had to say "helloooooo. helloooo. hey!" Then they looked and came running to hug us. After a good squeeze...they went right back to the machine.

You prayed that our hearts would be open to see and hear from the Lord. You will hear plenty more about that in the days, weeks, and months to come. I can honestly say that all 8 of us on our team will never forget the past two weeks. The sights, sounds, smells, stories, and amazing food...forever etched on our hearts. God is doing some amazing things in India. What a privilege to be a part of it!

You prayed for team unity. I don't know that I've ever been on a trip of this length with this many people who never argued. Seriously! Not one argument. The love that was expressed could only be directly from the Father, for it was gracious and pure and truly love. What an honor to have "led" (yeah, right!) such a great team.

Thank you for all your prayers. As soon as we get some pictures uploaded and some sleep, we'll be sharing stories with you!

Praise God...from Him ALL blessings flow!

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice to read what you have to say about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! I'm glad it was such an incredible trip. I hope I can take one like it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back safely. I can't wait to hear more about the trip and see pictures. Enjoy those babies!!

    ReplyDelete