My friend Kelli posted this and said "hope you do the same", so here it is!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? the only thing I can think of is living in our house, going to the Dallas Zoo, and visiting Austin
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? don't really do resolutions, so nope!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? yes, my friend Kathryn had Hudson in November and we had 7 babies born to GFA Home Team staff this year!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Texas, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, New York....nothing out of the U.S.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? self control...a fruit of the Spirit that will come as I abide in Christ
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 25--moving into our house; our PA trip in October
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? growing as a parent
9. What was your biggest failure? time management
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? just allergies
11. What was the best thing you bought? our house.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Rylee has shown some growth here the last few months by coming to us after being disciplined and asking forgiveness without prompting. She is understanding it!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? my own at times.
14. Where did most of your money go? Our house (owning and remodeling), then food (we spend a TON on food! no wonder we're fat)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? our trip to Pennsylvania
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? some of my kids' favorite worship songs, like Beautiful One by Jeremy Camp
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier.b) thinner or fatter? Probably the same, but I think a little fatter, actually. c) richer or poorer? well, we had lots more in a savings account last year b/c we were waiting to buy our house, so poorer, I guess. But, I am much more rich right now than I have ever been in my life--money not in consideration!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? See my family.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste time.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Just our family of five on Christmas Eve, going to church, eating Chinese and then looking at Christmas lights. On Christmas Day we spent the morning enjoying each other then went to the Carnine's to enjoy lunch and fellowship.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? More in love with Jesus and with my family.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Unit
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no.
24. What was the best book you read? Touching Godliness through Submission by KP Yohannan and Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? downloading 99 cent music to my iTunes
26. What did you want and get? a new camera with video
27. What did you want and not get? to see my family
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Fireproof. Great movie! Joel took me on a date Tuesday night to see it when movies were just 50 cents! Awesome date for a buck!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 years old. Dani was here visiting and we went to tour the Cowboys stadium and had lunch at a good pizza restaurant. Then, we had a nice evening as a family.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Seeing all my family.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Same stuff as the previous four years with maybe a new shirt thrown in. I'm really not fashionable. I'm comfortable!
32. What kept you sane? Jesus
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None really.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Elections. Watching it all pan out. Interesting. Was unsure how I felt about things.
35. Who did you miss? my family, my friends
36. Who was the best new person you met? I met lots of new people this year at GFA and The Ridge. My friendships with some girls in those two places have been most rewarding this year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. about disciplining my children...lots of specific things, but too long to list here. in general, just how serious a job it is. (read Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp and do the accompanying workbook)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Listening right now...sounds good. "Into marvelous light I'm running, out of darkness, out of shame. By the cross you are the Truth, You are the Light, You are the Way. No more shame. No more shame. Lift my hands and spin around. The marvelous Light I have found." Marvelous Light by Charlie Hall.