Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Joel and I finally watched Slumdog Millionaire. It's a very good movie. The portrayal of life in India, and particularly the slums, is amazing.

Having recently been to India, I could feel it. I could smell it. I could hear it. I could taste it. It's hard to explain, other than to say that it's a very good portrayal of their life.

I don't know how anyone could watch the movie and not be stirred.

My heart broke for the hundreds of thousands of children whose lives never end up like that of the main characters. Just this week Brother KP explained how the blinding of innocent children to be used for profit is all too common. Sex trafficking of children is very real.

My heart was moved.

I am so grateful to serve these children.

I really don't have words to say to explain how I feel or what I'm thinking.

The people in the slums would like to get out. It absolutely amazes me that we have missionaries who give up millions to go in...for the sole purpose of bringing hope into the slums.

Our video team put this together.

2 comments: