Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Little of This, LIttle of That

Good thing I pre-posted our newsletter or else I would have been sadly lacking in recent postings!

I feel like the last few weeks have been jam-packed with activities and responsibilities and some really neat happenings.

This last weekend I had the opportunity to speak at our church's women's retreat. Wow. It was just really neat. I can't fully explain all the ways I was blessed by getting to share, but one way, in particular, was the connection it seemed to immediately give me with almost every woman there! They shared their stories with me; after all, I had just shared mine. They told me their weaknesses and insecurities; after all, I had laid quite a few things bare from the stage. It was just a really neat time of seeing the Lord at work.

Our theme was "Walking by Faith, Not By Sight". I learned a lot as I prepared to share from God's Word and as He led me. I love how God teaches us something and then allows us to turn around and teach another person the lesson. I guess the teacher in me is still alive and well.

Maybe I'll write about the major points of what I shared at some point, but right now I'm just a little tired. Being 28 weeks pregnant will do that to you, I reckon.

Oh, yeah, I guess I should take a picture to update that too.
And, last night Joel helped me prep meat for 7 meals. At some point I want to share the recipes I'm using in case anyone else out there would be interested.

But, for now...I get to help with a friend's wedding this week. They are getting married Friday night. We've been very blessed to walk alongside them in the last few months as they prepare for marriage and now we get to take part in all the festivities. I'm so excited! So, I better go nap so I'll have enough energy.

1 comment:

  1. God spoke through you last weekend mama!!!!
    So glad I was there to hear it :O) You look super cute!
    I would love to get those recipes too!

    ReplyDelete