Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Flying High

Last weekend we were blessed to have an additional kiddo with us. He added to the fun of our family with lots of giggles. It helped that he was boy...Asa really enjoyed the balance of boys to girls.
Saturday was beautiful with sunny skies and a light breeze. It was prefect for kite flying.
We went to a local park and everyone got to try their hand. The kids did really well. And, I realized as we were teaching them what to do that I actually have never flown a kite before (that I can remember, which means it probably is true).

The kids were very fun to watch as they learned to lift their arms, move around, and not to cross each other.
Then some guys doing some sort of sword fighting thing showed up and started "practicing". The boys really liked watching them.
At one point I snuck up to take a picture and heard Asa and Timmy saying to one another
"You go."
"No, you go."
"I don't want to. You go."
"I wanna fight, but I don't wanna go."
So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment