Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost a New Year

Of course I have to talk about it almost being a new year...it is!

I don't really make resolutions. I learned long ago that they were pretty pointless (for me).

Last year our pastor encouraged us to abide in the new year. I saw a friend's blog where she talked about a word for the year. Those two things coincided in my head and I basically decided 2009's word for the year was "Abide". My goal was to work on abiding in Christ--sitting at His feet more, walking by the Spirit, and remembering that apart from Him I can do nothing.

I guess I have to say it was a "success" in many ways. I won't ever get it right all the time. But, I saw growth.
I don't know if 2010 will have a word. I haven't really heard one yet. Maybe God will give me a goal. Maybe He won't. Maybe I'll try to do something in my flesh, but I doubt it. Well, I try to do all sorts of things in my flesh, but making it a point to strive for something isn't going to happen.

Instead, I think I just want to keep asking. God, what do You want from me this year? How do You want me to spend my time? What do You want my priorities to be?
I really don't think I can fail if I keep asking for His wisdom and direction. Besides, I've walked with Him long enough to know He rarely gives me a map with more than one step marked on it at a time. He knows I'll take off running and try to do it on my own. So, 2010 will be like this year has been--one day at a time, trying to seek Him for each moment of each day.

1 comment: