Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Random Update

Since I'm still not "there" yet [to be back to blogging regularly], I thought I'd do a random update (for the few who read and want to know). So, here goes...Jett decided he was too big for his baby bathtub (about six weeks ago). He also decided he could pull up on things, especially the baby gate. He started crawling around the middle of September (7 1/2 months old). He did the whole rocking back and forth thing for a good six weeks--keeping us in suspense.
During September, Rylee went to a "spa" birthday party. The girls got facials, pedicures, manicures, make-up, hairdos, and then cake/pizza. It was quite a treat!

I spent more time in the kitchen throughout September. I made an intense chocolate cake (trying to copy the Costco cake). I made amazing Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars. I made some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (and have some dough frozen for quick treats later).
I also had the privilege of directing a friend's wedding when she got married at my church. I prepped food for the wedding party to munch on between taking photos and the wedding ceremony. How silly is it that I took a picture of the spread?

Then, as October came, Jett and I went to North Carolina to visit my family.
We spent the first week of the month hanging out with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.My youngest sister had a baby boy the end of July, so we got to meet him. It was a nice week-long visit. And, though I specifically said I needed a picture of Jett with Grandma, I didn't get one.This picture does not do my nephew justice by any means. But, I didn't take many pictures.

I've been back a week and I'm just now feeling like I'm back in the swing of things. But, I'm not really sure about that. I haven't been "normal" for about nine months now!

1 comment:

  1. Love Jett with the suitcase and I am happy to report that chocolate cake was awesome!! I still think about what a treat it was when you delivered it to my door. You are a wonderful mama and a great friend. Keep blogging baby!!

    ReplyDelete