Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lovely Fuzzy Slippers

When I find slippers I like, I hang on to them.

I think I received my black fleece Land's End slippers from my dad and stepmom when I was in high school. I still have them and wear them. Hard sole, soft top. If I'm walking on cold floors a lot, I really like them. And, they can go outside in a jif if I need to.

But, my all time favorite "slippers" are these fuzzy sock-like things.
During a long road trip, I bought these in a shop because my feel were cold in the car. I want to say it was during our first trip to Texas when we were moving here in 2007.

They had little nubby anti-slip spots on the bottom. Those have worn off long ago.

The whole thing hugs my foot and provides great warmth without lots of bulk. I wore them all the time, then they went missing. I could not find them anywhere! I mean, I looked everywhere in my house, the car, and the garage for these slippers. It frustrated me beyond belief. I ended up buying a pair of some other slippers, but they never measured up.

Then, in early December I went into the auditorium storage room at GFA. I glanced to the top of a cabinet that had the supplies I was looking for and guess what was on top of that cabinet?!

My slippers!!!!

I reached for the fuzzy mass on top of the cabinet and began laughing out loud.

I used to lay our kids down in that room during our Friday All Night prayer meetings. I must have left them in there. Then, we stopped laying the kids down there. That was probably sometime in 2009!

Sometimes, it's the smallest things that can make you smile....and keep your feet happy!

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! I'm so glad you found them. They are quite cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I actually am wearing the same slippers right now! Mine are teal/black/green colors but they look just the same. I got mine on the day of the embryo transfer--that's what they gave me to wear with the hospital gown. I asked if I could take them home and of course they said I could. They are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What r they called?

    ReplyDelete