Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Night Prayer

We have the privilege of joining the rest of the GFA staff each Tuesday night for prayer.

I need Tuesday Night Prayer.

My heart needs a refresher.

We hear stories from the field (Asia), from the office (here and in some other countries like Canada, Australia, the UK), and we usually get to see pictures.

Tonight we heard about ministry to lepers.

My heart needed the reminder of how precious this ministry is.
Go check out the GFA website and the ministry to lepers (click here).

See what it is we do. (I get to use the term 'we' ONLY because, by God's grace, He has called us to serve here. As you join us in praying, giving, or both, YOU are a part of 'we' too!)

As I listened to the stories about my brothers and sisters on the field washing the wounds of those with leprosy, I was moved. Jesus washed His disciples' feet. He has commanded us to do likewise.
I'm hopeful to visit Asia someday. I want to meet the brothers and sisters I live here to serve. I want to thank them...for being Jesus' hands...and mine.

I'm asking God to continually break my heart with the things that break His. Seeing these precious men and women suffer certainly breaks His heart. Most of all, not knowing them intimately breaks His heart most of all. Many of them choose to love Him and live for Him once they hear!

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" Romans 10:14

Oh, I am so honored to be a part of ensuring many thousands who have never before heard will hear. I pray they will believe!

Praying. I need not forget just how important it is that I pray!

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment